My family went camping overnight this past week up at Strawberry Reservoir. I have not been there since I was probably in my teens. My cousin, Jana, and I drove up on Thursday evening and the whole way the scenery was quite familiar. My parents, brother and his daughter got up there in the afternoon and were all set up for the night.
We set our tent up in the dark...that was a project! Steve and I just bought this tent and I had not set it up yet. But we managed with a little help from Brett. In the morning, our tent looked fine and had survived the night.
All of us headed down to the shore in the morning so my parents and Brett could do some fishing. Riley had so much energy and was doing circles around all of us. She kept asking me "When is Steve coming?" which I kept telling her that he wasn't coming due to work. The sun was so hot but felt so good with the cool breeze. When it wasn't windy, it was hot!
While at the shore, Janna studied her nutrition and I pretty much sat there watching everyone.
Riley has incredible amounts of energy which kept me entertained. My mom wanted to brush her hair but she ran away saying she doesn't like her hair brushed. I asked her why she doesn't like her hair brushed and she told me "I do like my hair brushed but sometimes I am just faking it". This is from a 5 year old.
But her dad caught her!
After fishing for awhile in the morning we headed back to camp to hang out for awhile. Janna and I took a nice nap in the tent with the breeze through the windows. Okay, it was really hot in there! If the breeze stopped we were baking.
Once again, we went to the shore to do more fishing.
Riley discovered the chain that holds the fish through their mouths. She used it as her belt for awhile.
After being rained on during the day and having to hide out in the cars, Janna and I decided we would head home when we saw the clouds rolling in. My parents and Brett all said that they were going to stay through the rain.
You could see the wall of rain coming at us. There was no way I was staying through that. We packed up our camp before my parents and Brett got back from fishing. We stayed a little longer while they got their dinner going and then we headed out. Just as we started to leave it started to rain, we were headed right into the storm. We made it home in an hour and a half. When I got home, I received a text from my brother saying "Made it to Heber." My parents and brother had left an hour after Janna and I had left. It was a monsoon in their words. So much for staying through the storm!
While at the shore, Janna studied her nutrition and I pretty much sat there watching everyone.
Riley has incredible amounts of energy which kept me entertained. My mom wanted to brush her hair but she ran away saying she doesn't like her hair brushed. I asked her why she doesn't like her hair brushed and she told me "I do like my hair brushed but sometimes I am just faking it". This is from a 5 year old.
But her dad caught her!
After fishing for awhile in the morning we headed back to camp to hang out for awhile. Janna and I took a nice nap in the tent with the breeze through the windows. Okay, it was really hot in there! If the breeze stopped we were baking.
Once again, we went to the shore to do more fishing.
Riley discovered the chain that holds the fish through their mouths. She used it as her belt for awhile.
After being rained on during the day and having to hide out in the cars, Janna and I decided we would head home when we saw the clouds rolling in. My parents and Brett all said that they were going to stay through the rain.
You could see the wall of rain coming at us. There was no way I was staying through that. We packed up our camp before my parents and Brett got back from fishing. We stayed a little longer while they got their dinner going and then we headed out. Just as we started to leave it started to rain, we were headed right into the storm. We made it home in an hour and a half. When I got home, I received a text from my brother saying "Made it to Heber." My parents and brother had left an hour after Janna and I had left. It was a monsoon in their words. So much for staying through the storm!





1 comment:
Looks like a nice and relaxing day off (love when you can do simply nothing!). Too bad you had to leave in a hurry but I would not want to get all wet either. smart move! :)
Post a Comment