Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I am not the biggest fan of Halloween but I sure enjoyed carving pumpkins this year! I haven't done this forever and I wish I could have carved more. But my finger would have fallen off! It's killing me now. Steve and I hung out at home Saturday night, me carving and Steve answering the door for the fake trick or treaters. We probably had more that night than we have had combined in recent years. Steve dressed up as Antoine Dodson. If you don't know who that is here is a link....  www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcivOdWxd4Kc&h=8399c


 I carved the U of U at my sister in laws house. Robyn was able to bring home lots of pumpkins from her work since they throw them away the day after Halloween. The U of U was all free handed so it's not as good as the rest. 
Next up was a pattern from the pumpkin carving kit. Skulls!
This is in the top 3 of my carving...Dexter! It was definitely a challenge due to all the small cut outs. And it's really hard to see the image until it's lit up. Love how it looks though!
  
Today I decided to be sweet to my husband and support his favorite NFL team...the Denver Broncos!
And I thought Dexter was a challenge....this topped the skill level! It was perfect until my dog got to it and ate some of the pumpkin. I had to do a little pumpkin healing and add a few things to make it look good! He loved it!
My last pumpkin I wanted something Hawaiian since I always dream of being there and love anything and everything Hawaiian. I found this picture and turned it into a pumpkin cut out! Fits me perfectly!
 Here's the line up of them all!






We have had some of the adults trick or treating with their kids try to guess who the person is....not getting it though. And the men loving the Broncos horse! I think next year I want to do a Pumpkin Carving Party....bring on the best and most challenging patterns!

No comments: