Sunday, October 17, 2010

End of Season

The season for growing fresh vegetables is coming to an end. I have made countless batches of salsa, over 10 quarts of spaghetti sauce and some fresh basil and tomato soup. I continue to pick tomatoes off the vines and am amazed at how many green tomatoes are still on the vines. I am researching recipes to use the green tomatoes. I have frozen 8 cups of chopped green peppers from the garden. I washed my fresh basil and stored it in a container with Parmesan cheese in the freezer. I keep telling Steve I need a freezer just to store all of the homemade food. I think 20 tomato plants was a bit much to plant but hope that next year we plant a few more cherry tomato plants for delicious sauces. Until next year, let the garden rest!

2 comments:

Britters and Parx said...

That is freakin cool!!! Can you help me plant a garden next year??? Everything died in ours! ha! Way to go girl!

Jenn & Cardy said...

Dang Jessie! I'm impressed! Canning is a lot of work. I would definitely like to have a garden some day and when I do...I'll know just who to turn to for advice!