Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year Steve and I had a 4 day weekend during Thanksgiving. I was thrilled to have so many days off with Steve. We usually don't have many days off in row together. Our celebration for Thanksgiving started on Wednesday night. Our cousin Havilah was in town from New York and decided to cook a turkey dinner for Steve's moms side of the family. I didn't get there until after 8pm so everyone was done eating. But I got to see the fam and hold my little niece. She smiled for the longest time but my camera was off and by the time I got it on and ready she quit smiling. Oh well! The funniest thing with Claire is that each time she eats, she gets the hiccups afterward. Rinda said even during her pregnancy she hiccupped. This is the first time Steve held Claire. It was so cute, atleast to me!!All bundled up and ready to go home. She didn't like it right after I took the picture. She started crying really hard.

The next day we went to my parents for dinner with my small family. It is so different from Steve's family. My brother's girlfriend is harder to get to know and I have a niece I hardly know. She barely knows that I am her aunt or that I am someone. We rarely see them. And Riley is so incredibly wild versus Grant. I pray that I get a child like Grant!!! Riley wouldn't take pictures, she kept hiding her face everytime. The pictures I got were me snapping them when she had no idea.


The best news we got on Thanksgiving was that my grandma wants to take the whole family to Hawaii. We are so excited to go! She wants to go in April or May for 7 nights. Can't wait for that time. Now if only I can get my butt on a treadmill....ha ha!
On Saturday we got out the Christmas lights and hung lights on the outside. Unfortunately Steve's favorite color is blue so now we have blue and white lights....byu...blah! We will add some red soon. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out so you will just have to drive by if you want to see them.

2 comments:

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

Jessie I have a question. How do you make it so that on your friends and family links you can see the last time they posted? I would love to do that!! Thanks,
Cami

Nico, Zara and little David said...

Jessie, you are going to HAWAII???!!!!!!!!!! that is so cool!!!! Does your grandma want some adopted grandkids? :)
I love the colors of your lights!!!!! Those are the best! BYU! :)