Monday, October 27, 2008

End of the Trip...



On Saturday night I met up with Melanie and her family for dinner at Ted's Montana Grill (oh so yummy!). It was supposed to be a bunch of people but alot bailed out so it ended up being me, Melanie and her brother Robert. Dinner was delicious. For all you salt lovers, they give you cucumbers that are half way through the pickling process that are super salty. We all got buffalo burgers of some sort. It was way good. Afterwards I drove them to Melanies boyfriend Brock's hockey game. It was pretty difficult to find. We drove around for about 20 minutes trying to find it. All the while we had to listen to Robert (who's in drivers ed) critique my driving and telling me I made all these illegal maneuvers. He's a funny kid who apparently likes to pick fights with anyone.

On Sunday Marie took me to Evergreen to meet up with Melanie for our long drive home. Evergreen is about a half hour from Maries place and is up the canyon. It's very woodsy and reminds me of Park City. We did the switch and got on the road. We stopped off at a little town to see Melanies friend for a little bit and went to a place called Kalaidascoop for icecream. I got a delicious coconut icecream. (Anything tropical!) It took us forever to drive home. I think we stopped about every two hours. Mel had her two dogs with her. Guiness and Rain. They were great on the road trip and slept the whole time. I did scratch and win with Mel and lost. She won $21. Lucky bean! Maybe I will win the powerball....ha ha.
All in all, it was fun to get out of Utah and to see how different we are versus the rest of the states. I love how Denver has a lottery, the liquor stores are open every day and NOT owned by the state, and the diversity among religion. Steve always says he could live there but I don't think he could. For all of you that know Steve you will understand....in Denver it takes about 30 minutes to get anywhere. Don't think Steve could handle that.

No comments: