So due to the death of my husband's best friends dad we are not headed to Zion's this weekend for hiking. Though I am in need of the exercise, to be hiking all weekend brings back painful memories.
Two summers ago, Shirley and I went hiking with a few people from work. Louise, Erik and Angelique were more avid hikers than we were. They told us the hike would be a couple hours. We started off early in the morning around 8:30. I brought my dogs with us thinking they would love this. As the hours went on, we went over the first mountain and around 2 or 3 more mountains and then back over another mountain. My poor dogs were so tired and thirsty. After being told it was only a couple hours, I did not bring enough water for them. We finally made it to a spring where they drank their little hearts out. The horseflys were the biggest nuisance on this hike.
When my boys and I finally got home, we were so tired and our muscles hurt so bad. The boys couldn't even get up to go see Steve when he got home. They just whined at him. I thought my toes were going to fall off they hurt so bad. My muscles hurt for a long time. But we made it.
2 comments:
Hi Jess!!
I LOVE your blog! I will be checking it daily! I also enjoyed seeing pictures of Kimberlee! What a Doll! Tell Shirley I can't get enough of her! Thanks for keeping me informed.
Love,
Chantelle
Jessie..... What happen this week... holy nuts... I am never leaving you for a week again!! Will see you at work in a few hours so you can fill me in. xoxo
Post a Comment