Oh how time flies by! I can't believe my baby is 3 months old today. It still feels as though it were yesterday that I was pregnant. The saddest part about this is I have to go back to work on the 13th of April. There are days I definitely want to go back and days that I would love to stay home all the time with her. I guess it's a good thing I only work 3 days a week. But there is a downside to my long hours...she has been consistently going to bed around 7 pm each night. I won't get to see her awake until she wakes to eat.
Statistics~
~10 pounds 6 ounces
~23 inches long
~has found her fingers to suck on
~starting to figure out that she can make her feet move
~still hates tummy time
~holds her head up all the time
~loves to be swaddled
~loves to sleep in her swing
~coos and has conversations with us
~smiling a lot
~still keeps her legs in a froggy position
~loves to stand and move her feet
Our days are full of play and sleep still. She is so happy in the mornings and loves to talk after eating. She is still eating every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. We had a few nights the past week where she would sleep for 5 hours then wake to eat at night. It was wonderful to have that sleep back but it did not stick around for this week! She is going to sleep between 7 and 8 pm each night. It's nice to have some time alone with Steve. She is still taking breast milk and I have been stockpiling for when I go back to work. Hopefully I can keep up with her appetite when I go back.
I have been watching Claire on random days that Rinda needs a little help. I can't refuse since she will be watching Emma when I go back. Claire is 4 years old and in love with her cousin. She was so excited to have a girl cousin to play with. Most of the time she comes over Emma has been asleep. Claire doesn't understand why Emma has to sleep so much. But the time she does get to spend with her she loves it. I can't wait for Emma to get a kick out of Claire.
Claire loves her Uncle Steve. She is always telling him stories. This particular day Steve was putting together another dresser for Emma and Claire just had to help. She was in the back room with Steve dancing around and "helping" sort pieces in to piles.
This was our fancy day! Had to get dressed up in this outfit before Emma doesn't fit it anymore. She is so adorable. In another picture I caught on my phone she is flipping me off. It seems to be a trend she is keeping.
Our beloved tummy time!!! It is really hard to get down on her level with my boobs! It doesn't feel good to lay on them what so ever. But I try every time so I can encourage her to look up and to lift her head and shoulders up.
Cooper loves to lay with Emma when ever she does tummy time. I have to watch where he places his paws since they are so large and have his big nails. Other than that, our animals have been great with Emma. Oh wait, there was a time that Emma was standing against my chest and leaned too close to Toast...she hissed at her and ran away. Good thing Emma didn't care!
My parents bought Emma this outfit from their trip to Disneyland in January. She looks so cute in it. On her butt is a Minnie Mouse. I love the way her color pops against the yellow quilt. We had a Minnie Mouse day and night with clothes. We are taking these little outfits on our trip to Disneyland next week. This will be quite an adventure for us!
Her first Build A Bear came from her Uncle Dan. Dan has been buying these stuffed animals for all his nephews and nieces. He does say that this will be the "only" gift they will get from him but he hasn't kept that promise. Emma looks so tiny compared to this bunny but believe it or not...she is taller than the bunny.
And last but not least....HAPPY EASTER!
4 comments:
Emma is such a doll. I love her little build a bear. She is so little it is hard to believe that she is getting bigger but she sure is.. you can see it.
Oh and I love her little features and her twinkle in her eye!
Such a sweet little thing. She has the prettiest eyes! I love the picture of her and Cooper during tummy time! Let's get together again soon!
Oh I just love her!! She is an absolute doll Jess! I can't get over how cute the picture of her in the Easter Egg basket is...PRICELESS!
Post a Comment