Thursday, January 10, 2013

31st Birthday and End of the World Party

The Mayan's predicted that the world would end on December 21, 2012 which happened to be my birthday. What luck I have to have the impending doom the day I turn 31! In November Steve decided that we would have a party on my birthday to celebrate. I was hesitant of this because I would be 38 weeks pregnant and I had no idea how I would feel at this point. 
The morning of my birthday Steve and I went to our weekly baby appointment with Dr. Sharp. I opted to have Dr. Sharp check how my cervix was. We were dilated to 2 cm and effaced 60%. Emma's heart beat sounded strong and regular. I love going to my appointments so I can hear her. It's so comforting even though I can feel her moving all over. After our appointment we went grocery shopping for snack foods for our big party. Then spent the rest of the day cleaning the house.
We invited lots of people to the party and all of our family. Our house was decorated for Christmas and meant to have parties!















It was a successful party and very busy. The party lasted til 1am with the closest friends hanging out. We had  lots of food and drinks left for us to snack on. Thanks to all who came. It was quite a blast before baby Emma makes her appearance! 

No comments: