Saturday, December 15, 2012

37 Weeks

Wow, I am now 37 weeks along. It is considered term but now they call it early term only because they are finding out that babies that stay in the womb longer (past 39 weeks) still do much better. I would love for Emma to stay in til her due date but I am not going to lie, I am selfish and want her here a little earlier for other reasons.

I would love for her to come in 2012 so we can get a tax break (yes I know that is so lame) but I hear it's not too bad of one. Also, part of me wants her here before Christmas so I can celebrate with her and so I don't have to work Christmas day. And if she doesn't come for Christmas then I want her here before the 29th so she can celebrate my moms birthday and attend Steve's cousins wedding. Plus my mother in law wants to do family portraits. I would rather have a newborn than be 40 weeks pregnant in the pictures! 

The only reason I want her to wait is we have not finished her nursery. It was one of the last rooms on the list to do in the upstairs of our house. By now, I am getting anxious to have it done so I can get it set up and organized. I really need it done before she gets here! I have set up the pack n play in our room and stocked it with diapers and wipes. I even cleared out 2 drawers in my nightstand to accommodate sleepers and blankets. Diaper genie is in the corner ready to go. But I need the rest to be upstairs and ready. I got her car seat out and placed the base in my car. I am pretty sure it's in correct but I do need to go out and put the car seat in it and see if it's sitting correctly. I have to say I love the LATCH system, made for installing the base super simple. Unfortunately for Steve, we have to use the seat belt in his truck. I put the car seat cover on her car seat. So adorable! 

Steve has been working hard at work and not getting off until late in the evening which leaves him exhausted. And I am beginning to be not much help since it wears me out and bending in odd directions leaves me achy. I definitely will be helping with the painting as soon as it's ready for that. And yes, I will be the 9 month pregnant woman on a ladder. It's easier and more comfortable to be in a standing position than to be sitting and crouched over. I finally ordered her polka dot stencil online which should be here next week. So I am really hoping we get her room pretty much painted and floors in this weekend. Then during the week when I am off I can work on the polka dots.

I have washed lots of loads of laundry. Thanks to Marzena and all her clothes she gave me from her girls I had a huge pile of newborn outfits to wash! They are sorted and ready to go but all sitting in a laundry basket in my bedroom with no where to go yet. Her bassinet is full of her stuff. She has a basket full of hats and bows. Another basket full of socks and shoes and bibs. A big pile of blankets and any other item I drop in there. 

Emma's baby book arrived today from Amazon. I have to say I love having an Amazon Prime membership. Steve and I buy a lot of stuff online since we can find it cheaper there and most of the time we can find it as a Prime eligible purchase which means free 2 day shipping! I love not having to wait a week to get things. Anyhow, I was flipping through her book today and it is super adorable and I will definitely have to leave it out in plain site so I fill it in. I also bought a first year calendar that you can mark events on it and remember what happened! 

My ankles have started to swell and they stay swollen even after being in bed all night. My toes feel fat in the morning and I can make my skin pit when I push on it. My shoes don't fit quite like they used to. People have suggested support hose but I really don't want to buy them only because I have less than 3 weeks left. I have finally gained a pound but not sure if that's just the fluid in my ankles or actually for baby. For not gaining any weight with this pregnancy, I keep crossing my fingers that after I give birth I will be 20 pounds lighter. That will probably not happen but it sure sounds nice! I really hope that my heartburn disappears after I give birth. If it doesn't I will be very upset about it!

Sleeping comfortably is getting harder to do. I really want to lay on my back but the guilt kicks in and I have to turn to my side. My hips hurt like crazy and maybe it's because they are starting to get ready for birth. I swear sometimes at night they could make me cry they hurt so bad. I definitely have to have a pillow under my belly for support or it feels awful having my belly pulled in one direction. It is hard to turn from one side to the other with a belly out there. You have no idea how much you use your abs for until it doesn't feel good to use your abs. I get up every two hours to use the bathroom and with that I drink a bunch before I get back to bed because I am dying of thirst. It's a terrible cycle and I can't break it. 

At my 36 week appointment my doctor said everything looks great. Emma's heartbeat is super strong and regular. Such a reassuring thing to hear even though I can feel her move all over now. Dr. Sharp asked me if there was anything he can do to help alleviate any fears about delivery. Well, the only fear I had at that time was my doctor seeing my vagina! Isn't that just a crazy fear??? I haven't know Dr. Sharp that long and I know he does this daily but it still is freaky. Of course I didn't tell him that. I did tell him I know too much about labor and delivery and what can happen which only intensifies the fear. Then after my appointment I started to think how I scared I am to have Steve see me in that position, beet red face with pushing...what if I am a crazy person with labor and delivery. Oh the fears I have. Good thing Steve doesn't care and loves me anyway! 


No comments: