Saturday, December 15, 2012

Baby Shower #2

My best friends Becky and Shirley threw me a baby shower for all my friends to come to on December 1, 2012. I really wanted to have it at my house so I didn't have to go anywhere and haul gifts home. It definitely made Steve and I work harder and faster on our house. We got most of the upstairs done except for Emma's room and some flooring in the hallway. 
We had a great turn out of people from work and some of my older friends from college and childhood. It was fun to see everyone and chit chat. Of course, since we are now in a new home EVERYONE wanted a tour of the house. I really didn't want most people going through my house since it's not all unpacked but Steve did a few tours with some of our closer friends. 
Steve's sisters all came to the shower and all gave gifts again. They are all so excited for this baby to come. Robyn has put on all her notes that she wants to babysit. So I will definitely take her up on it!
My friend Marzena (seen at the back of the table) brought a ton of baby clothes down with her. Box after box was brought in from her vehicle. And she tells me that she has more!!! I have finally gone through the boxes and sorted by sizes and I am not sure we will have to buy any more clothes for Emma! Incredible how sweet she was to give us all the clothes!!! And she gave us toys and books and puzzles too!
 Shirley's mother Kim came to the shower too! She is so incredibly sweet to come and support Steve and I with Emma! I had my mother come so she could meet my friends and hang out with me. She is so excited to have another grandbaby! It is so fun to see how excited my mom is for Emma to come. Crazy how they act in the beginning, like it doesn't matter but as soon as our due date has gotten so much closer, she is much more excited and involved. I can't wait for my mom and dad to meet Emma!!! 
 Steve joined in at the party by being the tour guide and then hanging out next to me while I opened gifts. My niece Claire was the official gift giver. She lined the gifts up in row for me to open. Of course I couldn't open them fast enough for her line! All my friends bestowed upon us such wonderful outfits, swings, bathers, carseat and more! I can't even begin to say how thankful I am for everyone!


 My childhood friend Samantha and I, we have known each other since birth. So crazy to think that's almost 31 years of life. I was so happy she came to the party since she didn't really know anyone besides my mom and I. I love seeing Sam and catching up. 
 Finally a pic that shows my belly off!
 The cutest kids ever! 
 Steve's sisters and me
 Daddy-to-be and Mommy-to-be
 And my favorite girls in the world!
Thank you so much Becky and Shirley for putting together such a wonderful party. The soups were fabulous and I even got to enjoy them longer with the leftovers! Delicious hot chocolate and coconut cupcakes! Balloon garlands and flowers, balloons being popped by little hands! I loved it all and am so glad that I got to enjoy it with you guys! 

No comments: