It's almost been 2 weeks since Emma was born. Time does fly by fast with a little one. I swear all I do is feed her, change her, love her and try to sleep. Steve has been home with us the whole time and I fear the day he goes back to work. He is amazing with Emma! He keeps her calm when I am not ready or available to feed her. He snuggles her and kisses her. Knowing that he is watching her while I am in the shower or busy is reassuring. Glad we get him the rest of this week!
I am feeling good and looking good. I was able to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans 3 days post baby. I probably could have fit them sooner but wasn't out of the hospital yet. With that being said, I am down 21 pounds from my max weight during pregnancy. I gained only 5 pounds in pregnancy and that was all in the last 2-3 weeks of pregnancy. That weight was all located in my feet and legs in the form of swelling. I had a hard time fitting shoes in the end. I now want to work on toning up my belly and losing the remaining fat I have around my belly. I was overweight when I got pregnant and now that I have lost a lot of the weight I need to get in shape. I hope the weather starts to warm up a bit so I can take Emma for walks...at least in the 30's or 40's.
Emma and I are getting way better at breastfeeding. It is a challenge to get things right. Right latch, right position, right time, right right right! Things are way better during the day than at night. I definitely have more patience during the day and will just sit with her while she falls asleep at the nipple. At night, I just want to go back to sleep so I don't like when she falls asleep. She is doing so well at sleeping. Our nights are anywhere from 3-4 hours in between feedings. It definitely makes me sleep in when we are up more.
No comments:
Post a Comment