A few months back a bunch of girls from work decided to try and plan a Vegas trip for the summer. I was lucky enough to be invited down with this great group of girls! We booked the trip 3 or 4 months in advance but time flew by and before we knew it we were on the plane to Vegas. The whole flight down we chit chatted the whole time...it felt like the flight time was 5 minutes.
Our flight into Vegas left early so we were all starving by the time we got there. We took a couple of taxis to our hotel and stashed our luggage. We made our way across the street to a place called Hash House a Go Go. It had a great menu to pick from and giant portions to share. It was super yummy and not bad priced at all. The conversation was quite interesting and became things that are normally taboo to talk about. I might have even blushed at some of the things being said.
The hotel the girls picked out was based off the pool. It was a fabulous pool and compared to other hotels it was giant. Being in the 110+ weather was exhausting but hanging out at the pool was a nice refresher! I am not much of a tanning girl nor do I enjoy sitting in the sun. I swear I can feel my skin burning! The girls were fabulous in accommodating my needs for shade and cooling off in the pool. The hotel provided spots to fill your water bottles up but the water was a little warm. Surprisingly I never burned on this trip!
That night we got dressed up for a night out. We walked clear across Vegas to a place called Diablos for dinner. By the time we sat down and ate it was almost 9 at night. We hadn't had any food since the morning breakfast....and I am pregnant. I actually did pretty well not eating much on this trip. Good thing Shirley was willing to go get food with me!
After Diablos, we made our way through some of the bars. We landed in an Irish Pub where the ladies were pretending to be drinking their large beers!It was quite fun and funny to watch. I enjoyed the laughter and music that was provided.
The most delicious breakfast was at a frozen yogurt place that was in the Mirage hotel. It was a great way to start the morning. Shirley joined me for breakfast while the other girls saved our spots at the pool.
After swimming for half the day, everyone but Angela decided to head down the street to the mall where Forever 21 was located. We stopped in at a pizza place in Treasure Island and enjoyed calzones, salads and pizza slices. While we were at the mall, we made arrangements to see the show Absinthe that night.
We dressed up that night for dinner and the show. What a bunch of hot sexy ladies!
Our plan was to have dinner at Serenity which was near the show but by the time we got there the wait was forever and our show would starting. We went into Caesars Palace and down to the Cheesecake Factory but once again the wait was long and we were running out of time. Our dinner came from the Caesars Palace food court which wasn't horrible.
Absinthe was hilarious! I would highly recommend it if you aren't easily offended. One of the girls was very vocal which made for the security guards sitting behind her. We for sure thought we were going to be kicked out of the show! Luckily for us, we made it through the entire show.
Our post show milkshakes that were very delicious inside the Mirage BLT restaurant. Burgers, fries, onion rings, and cheesecake ended the night fabulously.
There is talk of doing a trip every couple of years or so to different places around the states. I am excited to be involved in these trips and can't wait to see where they take us. This was a great trip to be on just enough time in the hot heat of Vegas! Thanks girls!

No comments:
Post a Comment