Sunday, July 8, 2012

Baby

Our first appt with our OB/GYN was on May 25, 2012. We had no idea how far along we were since my cycles were so irregular. If we went by my last mentrual period, on that day we would have been 11 weeks along. I had a feeling that we definitely weren't that. Dr. Sharp tried to find a heartbeat with a doppler but was unsuccessful. I had been hoping that he would send us for an ultrasound to date the baby and my wish was fulfilled! We headed up to the University Hospital after our appointment. The ultrasound showed us the little peanut and confirmed that I wasn't crazy!!! Seriously I felt like I was crazy with all the sickness and nausea. What if I wasn't pregnant, what if I was making it all up....until I saw the baby on the ultrasound viewer it seemed so unreal. We were able to see the little heart beating which was pretty amazing.  Here are our pics of the peanut.


I have been so nauseated since the day I found out. It was like a switch was flipped the second I found out I was pregnant. I was nauseated all the time, smells bothered me really bad, and I was exhausted. Then came the puking and only at night. Crackers were a life saver. I did make a trip to Whole Foods for everything possible I could find with ginger. That helped a little.

At our next appointment with Dr. Sharp we were finally able to hear the heartbeat and that was an incredible moment! I think I got teary eyed listening to the baby ticking away at a healthy 165 beats per minute. What an amazing invention! I want to buy one for my house so I can listen anytime I want. Might have to check out Amazon for one.

I am now 14 weeks and 3 days along now which mean I am in the 2nd trimester!!! Yay...the nausea and vomiting are getting less frequent. And I am not nearly as tired although if given the chance to take a nap, I won't pass it up! Our next appointment isn't till August 1st and then we get to schedule our ultrasound. Steve is dying to know what sex we are having.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Liking the baby updates. You should look into renting a doppler. I think it was like $17 a month.... just give up starbucks and it would be paid for right? Ha ha! I excited for you guys to hear and see baby again.