On August 17, 2012 we had our 20 week ultrasound of the baby. We were so excited to see our little kid. We already had a name for a girl picked out and part of a name for a boy picked out. As we watched the tech do the ultrasound my eyes were all teary. It was just amazing what technology can show you. Our first ultrasound was so different from this one. First it actually looked like a baby in there and not just a peanut! We saw the heart beating and there were four chambers! Yay, from the cardiology nurse aspect! The tech told us the baby was holding the legs together pretty tightly so we were a little nervous we wouldn't be able to find out the sex. They gave us some pictures and DVD of the ultrasound. I seriously could watch the DVD all the time. I am just amazed at the baby growing inside of me. And to see the baby move on the ultrasound and not to be able to feel it yet is crazy. My favorite comment from Steve was "So the baby is actually moving in there? I just figured since Jess can't feel it, it was just chilling at the bottom." :)
We were having our close friends over that evening for a pool party. Initially the party was not intended to be a gender reveal party but once we knew what sex it was, we started to think of what we could come up with in a 2 hour period to surprise our friends. Then the idea came, lets do it with color in the pool. The race was on to find pool dye. Steve found it in Sandy but had to get there and back home in 5pm rush hour.
Our guests started to arrive and I was talking to Shirley about the ultrasound and how cool it was. I really shouldn't have talked about it because I couldn't keep my brain from slipping! Now that I knew the sex, it was really hard not to put the correct label to the baby.
Handsome Krew! Love this little man a ton!
We had everyone gather around the pool and Steve put the color in the filters and turned the pumps on. We told everyone that whatever color comes out determines the sex.
It's a Girl!!!
Most people have guessed the baby to be a girl! I really had no feeling of what the baby would be. A few weeks before our ultrasound, I did have a dream that I had an ultrasound and they told me it was a girl. My dream came true! We are super thrilled to have a baby girl. She is going to have her daddy wrapped around her finger! Steve is super excited to have a little girl. We already have her name picked out and ready.
Our pool turned a shade of purple with the dye. We all had a blast swimming. Kayla is a fish and loves to be in the water as long as possible doing all the crazy tricks and diving under the water.Kimberlee loves the water and is getting to be such a great swimmer! I think she could have swam all night if she was allowed. At the beginning, Krew was a little nervous to get in the water but once he was in, he loved it. His favorite was to jump off the side into his parents arms.
Thanks to all my great friends for coming to the party!!! Shirley and Brandon, thanks for providing such yummy desserts! I am so glad we could share this special event with you guys!
Here are the ultrasound pics from that day!
2 comments:
We loved being a part of your big revealing day. It was fun to hear you are having a girl, especially before the jets actually told me ha ha ha! That was so funny how Krew was soooo excited to go swimming in "Jessie's pool" before it turned pink and then he was afraid. We are so happy for you and Steve! Loves!
Congrats on the baby girl, I love how you told everyone! Your house looks amazing, I'd love to see it one day!
Post a Comment