Saturday, December 13, 2008

Obi Sitting

Our friend Emily went to California for 5 days for a Respiratory Therapy Convention. While she is gone, Steve volunteered to Obi-sit for her. This is Obi. He's a carpet muncher also, literally. He ate a hole in her carpet in the middle of her living room.
Obi is the most skittish, nervous dog we have ever met. He jumps at anything and everything. It's quite sad. Emily took him in after he was rescued by a policeman. They said he was abused as a baby. Well, Blue and Cooper are adjusting to him. He must of smelt like his playmate, Zara because Blue was going crazy for the first day. I could never own a unspayed female!!!! They are all friends and lay together, play together, follow each other around. This actually has been a good experience so far for me. I get very nervous getting dogs together, I am always nervous that they will fight. 
Obi and Toast are not friends yet. They have gotten close to each other but Toast scares the living crap out of Obi. She hisses at him which makes him run. But they have been doing these staring contests at each other. It's pretty funny because you can't get either ones attention during these. The above picture of Obi is of him staring at Toast. The next is how Toast thinks of him. Her back was arched and her fur was starting to puff out. My poor Toaster!!!
All in all, it's been good so far. But we do have 4 more days to go with him.

1 comment:

Britters and Parx said...

That's too many dogs for me! That is CRAZY!! What a good friend you are though!! =) You going to the work party? If so when? I think I'm going to go around 5 cuz I have another party that night as well. Let me know!