Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!



Today started off great when I got the call from work that I was canceled for the whole day! That meant that I could sleep in AND enjoy the festivities! Since I had made some food for work for a potluck I decided to take it in so my fellow co-workers could enjoy the goods. Then I headed off to my parents for breakfast. So delicious....pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns and my favorite EGGS. Steve went to his parents since that was his original plan and both sides of our families get togethers were at the same time. It was fun to see my family and hang out for awhile. My parents gave us Mickey Mouse shirts to wear to DisneyLand. Baby blue isn't my color but I actually like the shirt...it could grow on me!



After my parents I headed out to Steve's parents for the party there. I had begged Steve to not let them open the gifts we got them since I wanted to be there. I missed out on everyone but Grants. They kept his aside for me. So here is Grant opening his present and his little smile cracks me up. It's so fake because when he's really smiling it's so cute. But that's his "cheese" smile. We hung out and I played games with Steph and Robyn. I love games and I never get to play since Steve HATES games. 
We had heard it was supposed to be a big blizzard today. On my way to Steve's dad's house, it was so incredibly windy up in Sugarhouse but by the time I got out to Kearns it was a blizzard. And it was all blowing North, the snow went north, everything was being pulled north. Steve's dad's house got about 6 inches. When we got back to our house, there was no new snow and our old snow was melting. The sidewalks were completely dry. Now fast forward to 8pm and the blizzard has arrived. Roads are invisible, sidewalks covered and it's beautiful. Steve took me for a spin in the Toyota and I mean a spin, we did donuts in a parking lot for fun. And now as I write this Steve and our friend Aaron are out spinning donuts. Snow is still falling. 

No comments: