Today we thought we would do the hike up to Hanakapi'ai Beach. It's about 2 miles in and "strenuous" according to the book I have. Well, we got to the trailhead to find signs posted about bringing water. We totally forgot to bring water with us and we had even stopped at the store on the way. As we started to hike up the trail, I started to realize how out of shape I was and that it was hot. My poor heart was ticking like crazy probably in the 130's. Then I started to freak myself out about becoming dehydrated. I was already starting to get thirsty and when I get dehydrated, I get sick. So we turned around aways up the trail. When we got almost to the bottom Steve said "We probably hiked 3/4 of the way there", gee, if only he had said that before we turned around I might have kept going. Either way it was very beautiful and warm.






In addition to all the chickens that run wild, there are tons of cats that run wild. They are thin and in shape unlike poor Toast at home. I would love to catch one and take it home but they would probably kick Toasts ass! They won't let you pet them and they sure didn't chase the chickens either. Bizarre!
1 comment:
Hey Jess!
I am way jealous, it looks so beautiful, at least you have some sunshine. This will probably suprise you... (NOT) but all we have here is cold and rain! Keep the updates coming.
Chantelle
Post a Comment