Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kauai Day 5

We decided to hang out with Dusty and Lindsey today. They wanted to go to a bunch of different beaches and we wanted to get on the beach too. We went to McDonalds for breakfast which Becky and Scott happened to go to too. They decided to ditch their plan of the boat ride to the Fern Grotto and go hang out with all of us. We headed up to Ke'e Beach which is as far as you can drive on the North Shore. It took us about an hour to get there from Kapa'a. There was this crazy cave on the walk to the beach. It had posted that there was Leptospirosis in the water.
It was beautiful and the water was so clear. This was a great place to snorkel. The first time we went out to snorkel we saw so many bright colored fish. I forgot to take my underwater camera with me on this first time out. The second time I went out snorkeling the cool fish had disappeared. By the way, the sand was so hot that the second you walked on the stuff in the sun you had to run either to the water or the shade. The best thing about this beach was a sea lion that was resting on the beach!
Next we went to lunch in Hanalei at a place called Kalypso Island Bar & Grill. It had pretty good food and drinks. Becky and Scott decided to go check out tattoos down at Tsunami Tattoo while the rest of us went to Secret Beach. Dusty and Lindsey pulled over at the Hanalei Valley Overlook so they could follow us. We got out to check it out and I got my camera out of my bag which was in the trunk. Well....I locked the keys to the car in the trunk! I looked down at my hands and only saw the camera. I felt so dumb. Everyone took it in stride and we called Budget. They sent someone out to unlock the car. It took all of 45 minutes to get it done. We finally made it to Secret Beach. Becky's parents, sister and daughter joined us at the beach. Becky and Scott came up since they were done looking at tattoos. The waves were awesome at the beach. Much bigger than the first time we went there. The pics below are the path to and from the beach. It's quite the hike.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

That sea lion was so cute! How neat you got to get right next to it! I Love It!

Nico, Zara and little David said...

Jessie, Hawaii is so pretty! I am so glad you were able to go!!!!