Edge is now 3 months old! It is going by so fast and he is growing so fast. He is such a happy happy baby. This is a hard month for me since I go back to work now. As I look back on April of 2013, I am going back the same day as I did the year I had Emma...April 13th. Emma and Edge both go to bed between 7 and 7:30 which is so sad for me again. I won't be seeing them before I go to work nor after work since they will be in bed. At least I will see Edge in the middle of the night for nighttime feedings still.
~ 12 pounds 12.8 ounces
~ Coos and talks all the time but does it the most when Emma isn't around
~ Loves his bouncer with the monkey in the mornings the best
~ Takes afternoon naps the best in the swing
~ Loves being swaddled
~ Found his hands to suck on
~ Hates tummy time
~ Smiles all the time
~ Talks to the animals on his swing and bouncer
~ Loves his sister but gets mad when she interrupts his feedings in the evening
~ Moved up to 6 month sleepers due to his length but still fits 3 month clothes
Here are a few pictures from the past month. Emma loves to play with Edge but doesn't realize she has to be soft all the time. I love the caterpillar toy for Edge because of the different sounds it makes. I also have a toy giraffe that is bright and soft with different sounds as well. Emma likes to throw the toys at Edge which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the hard plastic on them.
We took a walk over to the horses that live directly behind us. It is fun to see them from our family room and kitchen but even better when we get up close. Each horse came to the fence in hopes of a pet or a treat. And they followed us down the fence as we walked. Emma says hi to them all the time. I need to speak with the owners and find out if we can feed them and what they prefer. Maybe Aunt Robyn will come with us to see the horses one day since she used to own horses.
The canal is empty but soon it will be filled with water as the weather stays warm. The best part of where we live is the property behind us has this canal so if anyone buys up the horse property we still have a canal and irrigation ditch separating us from them. Lots of privacy!
We went to the zoo on a Sunday morning with some of our friends. Our friends Adam and Marzena have been doing what they call "Sunday Funday" once a month. Not all of the outings are age appropriate for our kids but the zoo was one of them. We went an hour earlier than everyone else since our kids still nap. Emma enjoyed seeing the animals but loved seeing other little kids. I need to get her in to a kids group somewhere. It was hard to get her attention with all the kids there.
Emma saw this slide and was so excited for it. Steve took her up and before he could get in to the slide to go down with her, Emma was gone. He looked over the railing and Emma came out sideways and rolled off the slide onto the ground. She looked a little disoriented but otherwise loved it. She kept going down it.
Our newest thing Emma does is "talk" on our phones. I am not sure where she learned the one shoulder hold since I am not usually on the phone. It is pretty cute that she does pretend to have a conversation though. She will take the remote controls or anything that resembles a phone and do this.
Emma is growing up so quick and is so smart! She knows everything we tell her to do or point to. She still is stubborn about speaking....she has added owl and moon to her vocabulary. I have been giving her a little more freedom at the grocery store. Instead of putting her in the seat of the cart, I put Edge up there in his car seat and let Emma walk...finally have a basket to put the groceries in. She has done extremely well at following me around the store. She does stop at every child to say hi and see what they are doing. I have to say "bye" to her in order to get her to keep following me.
Steve bought Emma a swivel car recently. She loves it a lot. She snuck out the back down without her shoes on to go ride on it. She takes it around the pool a bunch of times. She doesn't know how to ride it with the swivel part but she gets going fast with just her feet.


No comments:
Post a Comment