Friday, March 6, 2015

Edge 2 Months Old

 I can't believe that 2 months has gone by...before I know it I will be sending my kids off to college. As much as I love the baby stage and the cuddling, I can't wait for Edge to be a little older. People say that you will miss certain things when they are gone but the middle of the night wakings is definitely not one I will miss. I enjoy sleeping through the night! 
 Edge is smiling all the time. He has started to coo and talk to us. Sometimes we get a squeal out of him. Lately he has enjoyed his bouncer with the toys hanging...he is all smiles with that. It is fun to see him find us and give us the gummy grin. When we tell Emma to say hi to Edge, she sticks her hand in his face and waves and using her cute little voice says hi.
Edge weighs 11 pounds 8 ounces which is the 28th % and is 23.5 inches tall which is the 71st%. 








Emma is such a happy, free spirited little girl. She just wants to play play play. She is not a big talker and only says a few words, however she understands pretty much everything we ask her and tell her to do. I think I would worry if she didn't understand what we told her. She is a snacker just like her daddy. All day long she brings me food that she wants to have me open it up for her or she takes me to the fridge to get things out for her. She loves her milk still! Steve tried giving her chocolate milk and she gave it right back to him after one taste. I didn't like chocolate milk until I was an adult. She loves pickles, olives, salt and vinegar chips, raspberries, blueberries, grapes, apples, Cinnamon Life, Honey Nut Cheerios, GoGo Squeeze applesauce, coconut chips, Oscar Meyer All Beef Hot Dogs, mac and cheese, Parmesan goldfish, jalapeno string cheese, toast, spaghetti and water.
Emma loves bath time. She plays as long as we let her by filling her pitcher with water and pouring it. She lines all her toys up on the side and plays. The only way we can get her to sit down is to add the bubble bath. Hates having water dumped over her head. 
Emma loves looking at pictures of her family on the wall. I can ask her where someone is and she can point them out. And when I tell her someone is coming over to visit she gets very excited. It is fun to see that she remembers who is who.
Emma loves to read books. She will bring her whole book shelf out to read. Her favorite books have been Big Red Barn, Pete the Cat: Wheels on the Bus, Dr. Seuss's ABC's, The little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear. She reads her books so much that they are falling apart. The last book above has had a page torn out, the binding broken and some other rips to pages....the only good part about it, is everytime she opens her book and sees the damage she acts completely surprised. I really need to get her reaction on camera because it is the funniest thing ever. She does it with most of her books that have been damaged. 
Emma doesn't let me do much to her hair. I am lucky to get a couple clips in the side to keep her hair out of her face. She let my mom put her hair in pigtails a while back so I thought I would try...I decided to just do one ponytail. I was successful! Though I think she may have cried and gotten mad at me but afterwards she looks in the mirror and admire herself.
At her 2 year checkup, Emma weighed 25.2 pounds (28th%) and was 33.5 inches tall (47th%). 

And here are a few pics from February.














1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love the picture of Edge smiling caught on professional film! So darling. How awesome is Emma's food likings, she sounds like her daddy. You look great Jess and I think 2 kids looks good on you!