Tuesday, July 2, 2013

6 months

6 months old
Stats
~25" tall
~13 pounds 6.4 ounces 
~rolled from front to back
~sleeps on her sides
~smiles every time Dad makes his dolphin noise (even in the middle of crying)
~sits up on own for a 10 seconds
~still loves standing the best
~reaching for anything that is in our hands
~tried Dad's dill pickle, made a disgusted look but then went back for more
~tried banana and cantaloupe, made a disgusted look and didn't want anything to do with it.




Fathers Day

Steve celebrated his first father's day with early morning gifts from Emma and me. Emma and I painted a coffee mug at Color Me Mine one day. We added a message and her footprints to the mug. He loved it. I gave Steve a gift certificate to do Fly Boarding. He was pretty excited to do that. Now we need to set up a date to do it. 


Fathers Day Swim Party

We hosted a swim party on Fathers Day Afternoon for our families. It was a lot of fun and everyone loves getting in the pool. Despite some of the family not swimming, they all had a great time.






















First time Food

I have been holding off feeding Emma baby food so I can try this new approach called Baby Led Weaning. It involves giving your child the same food that we eat, no puree, no blended, no baby cereal. Fruits, steamed veggies, strips of chicken and beef. What I have read is that babies have a stronger gag reflex than adults so if they get a little piece back there it trigger the baby to cough. 
You give the baby a piece of food, they get to touch and play with it, if it makes it into their mouth on their own terms, great. If it doesn't, there's next time. No forcing baby to eat, they will catch on by watching the parents eat. So we will see if it works!
This was Emma's first time with a banana. She just pushed it around the tray the whole time. She didn't know what to think of it. I think the slimy feeling was odd for her. I put it in her mouth and she gave a disgusted look. Pretty funny!










Sitting up long enough for me to capture a photo! Beautiful blue eyes!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Your pool parties rock, how fun! Emma is a lucky girl to grow up with a pool in her backyard. She is getting so so big and she is so beautiful. I am pretty sure you wouldn't have to force some ice cream for her to eat, ha ha ha! Good luck on the solids, on a funny note I just gave Krew a jar of banana baby food yesterday and he ate the whole thing. Both my kids loved eating that jar crap! What do you do... hmmm! Can't believe she is half a year old, it will be her 1st before we know it! XO