Tuesday, June 4, 2013

5 months

5 months old already! I am in shock that we have already had 5 whole fabulous months with this little girl. I am so lucky to be her mama. Her little personality is blooming and she is so interested in everything. She loves her giraffe toy that Shirley and Brandon gave us when we found out we were having a girl. She gets so excited to play with it and of course it goes straight to her mouth. She has truly discovered her feet and always has them in her hands. I have yet to see her suck on her toes but I am sure that is coming. 
~ 12 pounds 6 ounces
~ 24.5 inches long
~ Rolls to her sides from her back
~ Rolls from her stomach to her back
~ Still gets up 2 times in the night to eat
~ loves to stand
~ Giggled!!! On mother's day!
~ Smiles all day long except when I put a camera in front of her (photo below was lucky!)


We celebrated my first Mother's day this year. Steve gave me a gift certificate to Pandora. I was so excited to get one of the bracelets. I love the different beads you can get. On top of the gift certificate, Emma gave me a charm the is a heart split in two that say mother and daughter. I love it. We had breakfast at my brothers house that morning with my family. I love being with my family so much.



We had Steve's side of the family over that afternoon for a BBQ. Everyone chipped in to buy a nice printer/fax/scanner combo for Sue. Since she is a realtor and is always needing to print, fax or scan things for clients she was in need of a new machine. She was very excited to get it. 
We also celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday on May 26th. It was our opening day for the pool. Besides being quite windy in the morning, it turned out to be a good afternoon for swimming. The only person missing from the celebration was Riley. Emma went swimming for the first time...and she finally fit her reusable swim diaper. Her little thighs were too tiny back in April but now that they have some chunk to them she will be able to swim all summer long. I took her in the pool for a little bit and even dunked her under the water. She did so good and never cried. In the end, I think she fell asleep in my arms in the pool. When I put her down for a nap, she was out before I was done wrapping her up.  




 

I am finally getting to the point of being ready to have Emma in her own room. I sleep pretty good with her in our room except I wake to every noise. She stirs whenever we climb into our bed which creaks. Now I just need to get her door sanded and painted then we will get her sleeping in her crib. 
She gave me a great nights sleep last night. I put her down at 8:30 and she woke at 2am to eat. Back to sleep and didn't wake again until 7am! Usually she gets up at 1am and 5am. I am so excited to sleep through the night. I don't care if she gets up at 6am but if I can get 6-7 hours of sleep in a row I will be in heaven. 
I walk around exhausted and my poor eyes look like it too. 

2 comments:

Jenn & Cardy said...

It was so fun running into you and Emma yesterday! She is beautiful! I want in on some of the pool action going on at your house. Tell Steve I'm inviting myself over to BBQ! :)

Shirley said...

It is mind blowing to believe little Emma is 5 months already! She is such a sweet, beautiful baby. I love reading about her monthly and am personally glad you still update your blog! We are looking forward to playing with you girls this week! Love Emma's smile!