Time is sure flying by fast with a baby. Soon enough Emma will no longer be a little cuddly baby. I definitely love having her need me and not being able to run away. But then I long for the days that she will be a little more independent and we can go to the park and play. She is such a cute little baby. She is still tiny as can be and eats well on the breast. Sometimes I worry that I am not giving enough to her but she definitely won't take more if I try.
I have officially gone back to work. I thought it would be harder than it was. No tears were shed. It makes going home that much sweeter. When I am just about home, Steve brings Emma out on the porch to wave to me as I pull in. Someday she will understand what she is doing. The worst part about being back at work is pumping milk. If I am stressed at all, it's hard to get any milk. And when I barely get any milk that makes me more stressed out. A vicious cycle it turns into. My newest thing is to keep telling myself "At least one more month". Emma is smaller than her 3 month weight. I really feel like it is because of me going back to work. It seems to be in line when I had to start pumping and giving bottles. Coordinating babysitting is stressful too. And not because of the lack of babysitters but more because of the new system we are using at work. Hopefully it will all get better.
At 4 months-
~has rolled over from stomach to back at Nana's house
~slept 9 hours straight after her first day with Aunt Rinda
~traveled on an airplane
~weighs 10 pounds 3 ounces ( not even on the growth chart lines)
~ grew half an inch...now 23 1/2 inches (25th percentile)
~plays a little bit with her giraffe or caterpillar
~still loves to stand and stomp
~has a jumperoo and loves it
~still hates tummy time
~is now sleeping in her bassinet instead of her swing at night
~still does better being swaddled to sleep
~loves her cousins...just stares at them and coos
~still keeps her legs in a froggy position
~smiling lots for people
~starting to be okay on her own in the bassinet while we get ready









2 comments:
I want to say she is getting so big but I guess technically she isn't really. I would say it anyway! She's such a big little girl. So dang cute! Love her curiosity. Brandon sure enjoyed meeting her this week!
She is so so adorable! I can't wait for my little girl to get here so they can be little buddies!! She really is so beautiful and she looks so happy in every picture! :)
Post a Comment