I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone. I really wanted to post on what I was thankful for daily and that worked for about a week. It's truly hard to post DAILY!! My life doesn't have that MUCH going on in it.
Steve turned 33 on November 22. Of course he doesn't want to celebrate his birthday by doing anything fun. He worked that day and came home to finally open the gifts I got him. Steve is one of the hardest people I know to buy presents for....he buys everything that he wants. To surprise him with anything would be trying to guess what he will like in the future. He got basic necessities from me. He has used them all so I hope he likes them. He tells me all the time not to get him anything. I just can't do that....how disappointing to wake up on your birthday and have nothing. That night the Broncos were playing but we don't have the channel they were playing on. Our friend Cardy invited us over to watch the game. The Denver Broncos are Cardy and Steve's team. We headed down while I called our dinner order in. It's a good thing that sports don't interest since I picked up My Thai for dinner. Unfortunately the Broncos lost.
Thanksgiving day I got up early and actually worked out on the elliptical then finally got ready. I had volunteered to make a new stuffing for Thanksgiving at my parents house. I planned to make one for my parents and one for my in-laws. I started around noon and finally pulled the last one out at 3pm. We ran one over to my in-laws and then headed up to my parents. I really liked each one, caramelized onions & herb and the Apple, onion & cranberry. They were so delicious. Glad I made one for my in-laws, we got there and they had no time to make their stuffing. We enjoyed a nice turkey dinner with jello salad, potatoes, and pie for dessert. Who can resist homemade pies? I can't.
After my parents, we went back to my in-laws for awhile since they usually don't have an ending time. We hung out with them for quite a while and talked. Some of the cousins played games and I usually partake in the game playing but I was so tired. I had been up since 8 in the morning and no nap and go go go all day long. We headed home around nine and in bed at 9:30 and out at 10. Exhausted!!
Each year as we all get older and are able to buy the things we want....I have a hard time with Christmas. I HATE gift-giving. I LOVE the decorations, lights, and trees. I love being around family with such a happy atmosphere. Each year I try to talk to my in-laws about what we want to do about gifts and it's always no one can decide. Some love getting cheap 5 buck gifts that are funny and others don't. Some want to buy everyone a gift and others don't. And every year I say I don't want to buy gifts for everyone and then I do. It's pretty pricey when your husband has 6 siblings and their spouses and children. I like giving gifts if it's something you find while you're out and you know it's perfect for them. My parents have everything they need and want too. Incredibly hard to buy for. Thankfully I am almost done with this horrible task. Next year I just want to do a potluck dinner and white elephant trade. Both with family and friends. I would rather drink and be merry than stress over what I will get everyone. I know this sounds like Scrouge but Christmas is so marketed to be ALL about gifts. I would rather go without the gifts.
1 comment:
How do you really feel about gift giving? Hee Hee Hee! It is hard for sure and pricey but when I have years like this year I love it! You know the year of "Great Ideas". Cute pics of the families and you two! Wish you were here with me! Wink Wink
Post a Comment