So to start training for the half marathon which is a couple months away, I decided I had better get some running shoes. There is a company down the road from us, The Salt Lake Running Company, that is super helpful in getting the right pair of shoes for you. So I decided to go there to get better knowledgeble help from people that know something about the shoes. The first thing they do to see what type of a runner you are is to put you on a treadmill so they can watch how stupid you look running.....yeah that was totally awkward. They video record it so you can see how it looks too. Of course when I run my ankles turn inward so they decide I need better support on the inside of my ankles. The salesman brings out 10 pairs of shoes for me to try on. In the end I bought a pair of Asics which were a pretty penny.
Now trying to actually run is a different story. I have been trying to run on my treadmill for 20-30 minutes at a time. Well, I really actually walk for a minute then run for two minutes and alternate back and forth. Just doing that kicks my ass! And my poor ankles feel as though the tendons have been snapped in half...they hurt to walk on. So I recover for 2-3 days then try again and the pain starts all over. Last Saturday I met up with Melanie and Amy at Liberty park for a run/walk. Those girls are good at running...they can EVEN talk while running. Behind them, I run barely breathing but trying to keep up. It was a good time. My legs and ankles hurt but it's all about perseverence to win. Hopefully I can keep motivated to do the half marathon.
2 comments:
I feel your pain. I'm always so jealous of runners who make it look so easy. It doesn't matter how often I go or how hard I try, I feel like I never get any better. I'm going to run the 5K with my niece and sister-in-law, hopefully I can train to run at least 3 miles. Sheesh!
Keep at it! You can do it!
Make Steve go with you!
Wow Jessie, I am totally feeling your pain...have been wanting to do a half marathon for a long time, I hadn't found one yet, but I decided to try to get in shape so I would be ready if one came up, you should totally email me with the details of this one...I would love to sign up.
Post a Comment