Saturday, February 14, 2009

DiSnEyLaNd 2009

Last weekend Steve and I set off to California for a 3 day trip to Disneyland with my parents. It started out leaving at 6 am to the airport on Sunday morning. We made it to Long Beach by 10am and to Disneyland by 11am. It was sprinkling rain on us off and on throughout the day. We rode lots of rides that day. We started off in Frontierland and New Orleans Square by riding Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones Adventure. Those were pretty good. We took the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad a couple times around. Steve and I had a blast on these rides. Steve has an iron stomach versus me. It's not fair sometimes. 


After those we decided to head over to California Adventure and ride some of the more intense rides. We hit Paradise Pier first with California Screamin'.  I even rode the California Screamin' twice in a row, which is impressive for me since I have terrible motion sickness.  

All in all, we rode almost all the rides out of the hundreds that there are. I made Steve go on the little rides. We went on the Tea Cups and he spun us so fast that I couldn't focus my eyes. When I got off that ride it took me a little bit to recover and find my footing. Although I didn't make him ride Dumbo, I probably should have. When else will he ride it, especially if we don't have kids forever??? Oh well. We did It's a Small World, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan's Adventure, and all the others in FantasyLand. 










We went on the Twilight Zone's Tower of Terror and I definitely look terrified in those pics afterward. We only went on that once but it was fun. We met Sully from Monster's Inc. and I tried to meet Mickey but all those damn little kids know the tricks. Plus their parents shove them in front of you. I gave up trying to get pics with the characters. I really wanted a picture with Ariel since she is my all time favorite princess but the line to see her was over 45 minutes long. But we got pictures with Wall-E and Lightning McQueen and Mater. 





I am already looking to plan a vacation to DisneyWorld for our 5th year anniversary. It's a bit more expensive to go there but I think it would be a blast. We had a lot of fun in Disneyland. I think Steve liked it. My Mom and Dad even got him a badge that says "First Time" to Disneyland. 

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Ummmm....Why didn't you call us??? You know we have season passes!! Looks like y'all had tonz o' fun. I have been to Disneyland a bunch of time since living here and I have never seen that radiator springs area with mater and McQueen! It must be in California adventures right? Is it by bugs life or paradise peir? Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. Oh by the way untill we moved here Dan had never been to D-Land either so he got that 1st visit pin too. :)

Amber said...

You will LOVE Disneyworld! It is 4 times as big! We just went to Disneyland for Halloween. We had a blast,but it is such a different vacation with kids!!

Britters and Parx said...

Hey Jessie! Just wanted you to know that I love ya!! =)