Mother's Day 2012
We decided not to tell our family yet since Mother's Day was right around the corner. We wanted to surprise them with the news. Both sides of the family knew we were finally going to try for kids. We ordered little onesies that said "I love my grandma" on them and wrapped them up in a box for each mother.
The morning of Mother's Day we went to my brother's house for breakfast with the family. I had already been making my mother a ceramic bowl at Color Me Mine....infusing it with a little Hawaiian flowers and my signature. After breakfast we had my mom start opening the gifts, she started with the bowl then moved on to the little box. Let's just say she was incredibly happy!!! She started to cry she was so happy. My dad was thrilled to hear we were finally having a baby.
In the evening we headed up to Madre's house to celebrate Mother's Day with Steve's family. All the kids pitched in to buy Sue a pass to go on a hot air balloon ride. Before we got there we created a little basket out of paper and bought a helium balloon which we taped to the basket with ribbon...in it was the certificate. When we arrived at Madre's house, Robyn and Rinda had the same brilliant idea for the gift. So we used both of them and placed a toy troll and dinosaur in the other one. Sue was incredibly surprised and delighted with the gift! It was something she had on her bucket list to do.
After we gave the group gift, Steve and I gave Sue our gift. She opened it up and held up the onesie and everyone was so surprised and happy! Hugs were all around and the congratulations were endless.
May 6, 2011
We found out the morning that we were moving the rest of our belongings into the new house! We were very excited and shocked! I felt like it was never going to happen. We had gone off birth control back at the end of October and finally let mother nature take its course in February. Unfortunately my cycles were so irregular that I couldn't calculate when I would be ovulating. They ranged from 5 weeks to 7 weeks long and with no rhyme or reason to the lengths. So back to the morning of May 6th, my breasts hurt and they hurt like no other time. I really didn't feel any different otherwise but Steve swore up and down that I was pregnant. I took a test and our results showed that I was. We are absolutely elated!!! It worked out great moving into our new house and finding out the news!
4 comments:
Congrats Jessie! What perfect timing getting the new house and new baby! Excited for the both of you!
I am very happy to see you back posting. You had quit the posting party! I can't believe the Beverly house is gone. You will miss it but I think your style will take root in your new house soon. Your master looks awesome! I love that you were able to tell your moms the new on Mothers Day. I am sure they were thrilled. I had fun at our girls luncheon and we will have to do it again! Look forward to updates of your pregnancy (like I really have to look here for them ha ha ha). XO
I am very happy to see you back posting. You had quit the posting party! I can't believe the Beverly house is gone. You will miss it but I think your style will take root in your new house soon. Your master looks awesome! I love that you were able to tell your moms the new on Mothers Day. I am sure they were thrilled. I had fun at our girls luncheon and we will have to do it again! Look forward to updates of your pregnancy (like I really have to look here for them ha ha ha). XO
I couldn't be happier for the two of you! I am so excited to meet the newest member of the Shelton family!!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment