I am absolutely in love with my saltwater fish tank that Steve gave me. It is really the best birthday present ever! A gift to keep growing! Over the past month and a half we have expanded our tank life. Thanks to our friends Adam and Marzena for the live rock! Without the live rock it would have taken 3 or more months to have added anything to my tank. When I say live rock it means having algae growing on the rock. Thanks to Nich and Steph for all the coral frags! We really appreciate them.
So this is the full view of the tank. Mind you my tank is only 28 gallons so it's a lot smaller than a lot of people's I have met. And already my husband is outsizing me....a friend gave him a 55 gallon. Not fair!!!

If you look in the picture below, you can see a yellow fish. This is my newest fish called a yellow watchman gobie. Hopefully he will like his new home.

In this picture are all my mushrooms that I have. There is the fuzzy mushroom (closest to you) which is green and brown. There is another mushroom behind and to the left which is purple and green and another mushroom growing off the black rocks. They are nothing like the mushrooms I picture that grow in our yards or what people eat. They are very vibrant in color.

This is one of my clown fish hovering over their new green bubble tipped anemone. We bought the anemone tonight. I have been wanting to get one ever since we bought the clowns but they are quite expensive. We were able to get a good deal and so we bought our clowns a home! They love it!

This purple square plate is fungia. I don't know what exactly that is and it sure doesn't do much.

This is another picture of the green bubble tipped anemone. The picture doesn't show how green it really is. It's so cool looking and feels neat too.

The tree looking thing is a hard coral. Just above the anemone there are some green polyps that have started to spread and sprout more polyps. The hardest thing to do is to wait for the corals to grow. It takes forever!

In the middle of this picture, there is an orange sponge under the rock. There is also a yellow polyp on the rock to the left. And in the middle of the rock to the left there are green star polyps. Eventually the green star polyps will grow so long it will look like grass in a meadow on a windy day!

More coral! There are lots of different types and I don't know what they are all called. A lot of the soft corals we got from my brother-in-law Nich.

This is my fairy wrasse. She is very beautiful. The fish store told us if there is ever any fish that are shy, this wrasse will coax them out and get them to be more friendly. But my poor fish is being beaten up by my male clown fish. I watched him chase her and bite her tail. She is missing chunks out of her tail. My male clown needs a beating!


Here is my male clown staring at us! He saw me taking pictures by his anemone and had to be in them. Clowns can get protective of their anemone.


This is my large Xenia Pom-Pom. It is really fun to watch each hand open and close. It is a live organism and not a plant. Actually all corals are live organisms.

We have a male and female clown fish, 2 green chromis, a neon gobie, a fairy wrasse and now a yellow watchman gobie. We have 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 emerald crabs, lots of snails and lots of hermit crabs. What a collection. I am sure we will end up with a larger tank than a 55 gallon someday. We have enjoyed starting up my smaller tank and can't wait to get the big one going. It's incredible the things you can buy for the tanks.
4 comments:
Jess the tank is so beautiful! What an incredible hobby and you learn so much about marine life. I love the clown fish and their new baby! I am glad that you blogged about this and your experience! It looks great!
Jess I love it that you have such a passion for this! It turned out so nice! I'm sure that it is so soothing. =) Miss seeing you! How is everything?
Looks like you have quite the hobby! I love the tank and all your beautiful fish. We'll have to come meet the fish and you & Steve need to come meet Zoe.
Jessie, you are making me to want a fish tank too. This is looking gorgeous!!!!!! reminds me of Hanauma bay :) you did an exceptional job! I can tell it is not cheap to have this hobby! good job, guys!
Post a Comment