


At night we had everyone over for cake and icecream. I ordered a Pineapple Coconut Cream cake and it was oh so delicious! It was covered in coconut and was plain white so I had to get some cake decorating icing. I decorated it with hibiscus flowers and a turtle! It looked awesome afterwards.



Instead of blowing out 28 candles I decided to be fire safe and get the numbers. I know not as fun but easier. And besides who really wants to eat cake that has someone's spit blown all over it!


Then the presents came. Thank you so much to my parents and grandma for the money and tropical bath supplies. Thanks to Becky for Mango lotion and the shot glass! Maybe I will begin the drinking again! And Shirley thanks for the massage gift card....lets make appointments together!
Now Steve has been keeping his gift to me under webcam supervision to ensure that I wouldn't peek at all. And everyday I was reminded that there was no peeking. He brings his Christmas and birthday gifts upstairs finally the day of my birthday. And again he tells me I don't get to touch it because its fragile. Of course, I didn't touch it.
Finally I get to open the dang thing and what do I get....a computer. Disappointing. I don't want a computer. But I am married to a computer nerd that thinks you should upgrade your computer every month. So no surprise there. Well I put the computer upright on the table and there's another present wrapped inside the case.


I open this next gift and it turns out to be a Discovery Kids Aquarium. The whole time I am thinking "Theres got to be more to this than this little kids toy". I kept looking in the box for tickets to Hawaii.....fish..Hawaii, they go together! No tickets. So we plug in the aquarium and I watch as the fish go around and there's a message "Check your email". Steve tells me to read it off my phone. So I look at my phone and there's no email from him. Refresh. There it was titled "Your Birthday Prize". It read "If that first gift doesn't give you glee, grab the big one by the tree- that's your true birthday gift you see".


So the big gift by the tree was the one wrapped in Christmas paper. We had piled all of our other gifts on it earlier in the evening.

So here I had to go unbury the gift and let me tell you it was a big box. It's a good thing all the little kids helped me unwrap the thing.


I was so excited!!! It was a Nano Cube Aquarium! I have wanted to do a salt water fish tank for a very long time. And my brother in law had a Nano Cube that he sold that I was so disappointed he didn't give to me for Christmas. But here it is and now I have one. I so can't wait to get a Nemo fish!



All in all, it was a fabulous birthday! I don't feel that much older but I am pushing 30 soon!
2 comments:
Kimberlee can't wait for you to get a nemo fish either! Fun day!
happy birthday!!! I love how Steve gave you your bday present!!! =)
Post a Comment