Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Years!

Happy New Years to all my friends and family! Hopefully this year will bring us great things. Steve and I celebrated New Years Eve with our friends Aaron and Emily. We finally made it to Aaron's uncles' cabin up Big Cottonwood Canyon. For the past 2 years we have been trying to go up there around Christmas and New Years and each year Aaron has gotten sick. He finally was well enough to go! The cabin is old and outdated but it sure was awesome to be up there. I was so turned around with my directions since we arrived at night. I couldn't tell where we were on the side of the mountain. 
We watched the movie Eagle Eye on this tiny television. I am too used to watching movies on the big screen we have that the explosive scenes didn't make me jump on this tiny screen. Most of us made it through the movie until New Years. We had to wake Steve up for the fun. There were fireworks being shot off across the canyon. 

The next morning we went snowshoeing up to Donut Falls. This time I actually enjoyed the hike up. Not many complaints came out of my mouth. The falls were beautiful and the scenery gorgeous. I am so proud of myself that I made it all the way to the top. Go me!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Love the changes to your blog! So Cute! Toast cracks me up! New Years looked very fun. Happy New Year Go 2009 xoxox