Thursday, November 15, 2012

Family Baby Shower

Back on October 20, 2012 my mother threw me a baby shower. We decided to do just the family for this one. We had a great turn out and plenty of food left over. I made a few dozen red velvet cupcakes the day before with the help of my dad adding the sprinkles. I found these cute hot pink boxes that we filled with candy and placed a sticker on them with Emma's name and due date. 



My mother is not into baby shower games so there was not one game played. We mingled and chit chatted with everyone and ate our food. My 2 nieces played out in front of the house with sidewalk chalk. It was fun to see everyone there. A couple of Steve's aunts from his dad's side came to the shower. Of course all my sister in laws were there! I don't think they would have missed it. They are all so excited for Steve and me to have a baby. 









We started opening gifts since it was getting late. I received such great presents from everyone. I now have 2 handmade quilts, 1 handmade knitted blanket, 2 handmade receiving blankets with matching burp cloths. We received lots of clothes and books. We got a bouncer, high chair, and pack n play. I had a great time seeing everyone and am so grateful for all the gifts given to us. 












I made Steve drive me to the baby shower since I knew I would need help bringing the gifts home. My dad, brother and Steve all went out for lunch while we mingled with the ladies. My niece Riley put a handmade sign on the door stating girls only. When the boys finally got back, Steve didn't come in. He said the sign specifically states girls only. I had to drag him back in so he could say hi to everyone. 

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Great pictures of your day! Looks like a great time! So excited for Emma's arrival!!!