What have we been up to since February? Steve went on a trip with some friends to Death Valley Nevada and had a great time. Definitely not what I pictured when I saw the photos of it. He loves being able to go without me since I get carsick when he drives crazy! I enjoyed some girl time at home.
Next up in March we celebrated Shirley's birthday with her up at Red Rock in Park City and then back at the condo Brandon rented for the weekend.
I joined Shirley and her kids on her actual birthday for a very yummy breakfast at the Original Pancake House. Kim and her cute kids joined the fun along with Shirley's sister Vanessa and her cute little baby Brynlee. I love hanging out with these girls. It is so much fun and the kids are so dang cute.
Friends from work planned a get together to celebrate some of the girls birthdays in March. We met up at the Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed some champagne (thanks to Angela) and some delicious food and chatting. I have a hard time in big groups but thank goodness the girls I was with are super easy to talk with and so open to anything. What a great group of girls I work with!
In April, we finally decided to use some of our tax refund to refinish our front room hardwood floors. And it was so worth it. We almost regret not doing it sooner because they are BEAUTIFUL! They look like brand new floors. Below is the only picture I could find that could show the before look of our floors and our fireplace. They were so beat up and scuffed up.
Now they're are very light and shiny. We chose not to do a stain because the professionals told us that maple wood doesn't stain very well and can turn out blotchy. I am glad we didn't try because I really love the new look of the floors! We finally decided to paint our fireplace black. Steve and I both really hated to paint the brick but whoever owned the house before us tried painting it white and maybe tried to wipe the white off then paint it a dark red. It looked horrible! It now looks really sharp and matches our front door and the ceiling fans. Amazing what a little paint can do!
Steve and I went to our nephew Grant's 7th birthday party in April. What a lucky kid he is! There was a pony there for all the kids to ride and he totally got spoiled with the amount of gifts he got! My sister-in-law Rinda (Grant's mom) weighs less than 100 pounds and so she was able to ride the pony too. Grant is a bit unusual in his choice for birthday dessert...he wanted pumpkin pie! They got a cake for the kids too. We gave him a Tron Nintendo DS game and a Super Soaker for the summer. Steph and Nich got him a Super Soaker too so now he and a friend can play together.
That's all for now! See you in a few months when I do this again!



2 comments:
Wow those pics of Steve's trip were awesome. Little freaky of the one were he is way up high on some scary looking wood bridge...Yikes! I am so glad you joined in on the birthday fun not just once but a few time ha ha ha! 7 more months and someone I know will be 30! That picture of Kimberlee and Kayla is nutz! They both look so young! Your house looks INCREDIBLE! You are never going to want to leave it if you guys keep that up! Grants birthday party looked super cute, who doesn't want a pony at their birthday! MMMM pumpkin pie! Love the update!
Your house looks awesome! Great job, guys!!!
Post a Comment