I flew to Denver on Wednesday to visit my friend Marie. I wanted to go visit her since she just had a baby in February and has a one year old also. It was nice weather for the most part out there. I always knew that babies and kids were hard work but being out there with her...made me realize how hard they are. Maybe I am not ready for the little ones!
First, I am a creature of habit. I have a routine every day that I do and have a routine for when I work night shift. That went right out the window there. Helping Marie out with Ava was simple but trying to help with Everett was almost impossible. He doesn't exactly know me that well and he is in the stage of clinging to Mom. Whenever Marie would leave the room or run upstairs he would burst into tears. Not much I can do for him...he didn't want me.
Ava and I were sleeping buddies. She would easily fall asleep on my chest which then would make me fall asleep. We slept in til noon one day. I could hold her off on eating until Marie was done with Everett.
Everett has so much energy and great running legs. I got him out of the stroller at The Children's Place and he took off pretty fast. Too bad he wouldn't stick by Marie and that's why he has to stay in the stroller. I bought Ava the cutest little yellow dress from Janie & Jack for spring. 
We tried to do a little photo shoot with Ava but she definitely didn't like it. She likes to sleep in peoples arms so when you try to put her down she gets fussy. Then when she is awake she moves all over the place. Here are a few pics. I bought her these bows in SLC and we tried to find more but the 2 malls we went to didn't have any. Might be a Utah thing.



Marie planned to come out to Salt Lake when I came home. She booked the same flight so each of us could hold a baby. She took Everett since he is more work and I took little Ava. Ava was perfect even if it was hard to get her to suck a binky so her ear drums wouldn't pop. Everett was all over the place, jumping, laughing, but not taking a nap like we planned. It was definitely work to get our luggage and 2 kids and all of their stuff here...but we did it.
3 comments:
Sounds like quite the adventure.
What a funny memory to have with your friend. You know they say babies/toddlers thrive off routine! You'd be perfect!
where are the posts lady? You've been slacking!! =) How are ya?
Post a Comment